Opportunity & innovation – real alternative finance
As one of the pioneers of the peer-to-peer business lending industry, ThinCats was founded in the aftermath of the global financial crisis, with the aim of offering loans to UK businesses struggling to access funding through traditional channels, whilst providing investors with attractive rates of interest unavailable through many conventional investment portfolios.
Starting from the belief that funding applications deserve more than just harsh number crunching, we use innovative data analysis combined with a human touch to candidly assess each loan, listening to the story behind each case. By doing this we provide real opportunity for SMEs, encouraging growth, development and advancement in UK business.
Flexible, transparent loans for your business
- Flexible terms to suit your needs – Loan size, security, term length
- Repayment structures can work around you – interest only, partial amortising, bullet repayments
- All fees and costs are totally transparent – there are no nasty surprises
- We undertake preliminary assessments ready to ensure a smooth and speedy listing on the ThinCats Platform
- Funds are available in weeks not months
- We work with businesses from all over the UK, location is not a problem
- We support businesses in all industry sectors, from property to finance to health care
- Working with our accredited professional Sponsors, provides SMEs access to unrivalled business advisors
What are the risks for lenders?
It is important to understand that by investing through ThinCats your capital is at risk. You are making direct loans to businesses, and if for some reason they fail to repay, there is a chance your money will be lost. Additionally your money is not covered for compensation in the event of a loss by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
We try and minimise the possibility of any problems, which is why we individually scrutinise every application, use the professional evaluation services of our loan Sponsors, monitor borrowers throughout the loan term, and take out security which can be called upon should the need arise.
We are here to help
Telephone: 01530 444040
*Estimated weighted average annual interest after all costs and provisions for losses of actual defaulted loans after forecasted recovery of security but before income tax (2012 to date). Past performance is not indicative of future results. Capital is at risk. For more detail see our statistics and default rates.