As one of the UK’s largest peer to business lenders we understand the importance of a strong pipeline to support investor demand. Our network of partners are crucial in this, and we are always on the look out for new connections. There are many benefits to working with us, either in the role as a loan Introducer, or as an accredited loan Sponsor.
Becoming a loan Sponsor
We value our Sponsor relationships
ThinCats has a reputation for providing investors with a wide range of high quality deals and our network of accredited sponsors contributes significantly to that reputation. This is why we value the relationship with every one of our Sponsors so highly. Our Sponsors, like us, believe strongly in a simple common sense approach to raising finance for UK businesses.
We recognise that the human touch is essential in an increasingly digital world, which is why we pride ourselves on collaborating with Sponsors to raise funding for SMEs up and down the country spanning numerous industries.
We are proud patrons of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers.
We feel that our support of NACFB demonstrates our determined commitment to our Sponsors, borrowers and lenders.
Benefits of becoming a sponsor
- The crucial role of the sponsor is reflected in the income you receive as a result of the deals you make, typically this is 2-4%* on loan drawdown
- Access to a new type of debt funding with flexible loan terms for your clients
- Reciprocity – Any borrower applications we receive directly, including those driven through marketing activity, are put in contact with a Sponsor
- See the businesses you help to gain funding grow and develop by being part of a movement that is helping SMEs grow in a difficult economic climate
*Past performance is not indicative of future results.
|PI insurance||£2m PI cover (£250k by exception for Introducers only)|
|Deal size||We only offer loans between £100k-£5m|
|Team experience||Your team should contain experienced bankers and/or accountants with proven loan structuring abilities in the SME market place|
|Regulatory obligations||You will need the ability to meet all current regulatory requirements in full and provide suitable evidence in areas such as Anti Money Laundering & Know Your Customer|
The role of the Sponsor is specialised, and not all finance professionals are in a position to undertake it. That is why we also offer the role of Introducer, where you bring loan opportunities to us and we take care of the rest. Introducers still receive a number of the benefits that a Sponsor does, including commission on loan drawdown & direct access to our underwriting team. Our terms are flexible to suit your clients needs:
- Secured loans from £100k – £5m
- Security that can be tailored to each proposal
- Terms from 3 months to 5 years
- Flexible repayment structure
If you are interested in working with us you can fill in the form below and our Partnership Manager will get back to you within 1 working day.